Video Diary 25 - Preparing for the 2nd Crowd Scene

It's been a while since our last blog post, so I'm really glad to let you know that we have been beavering away on the movie with the money we raised on the Phase 3 campaign, and now have around 35% of the movie in the can.

This first video diary was shot as I set about locking down the first of our new locations and to be honest, it was a rather stressful time. Planning a large crowd scene and ensuring all the elements come together as planned is no easy feat and I was swiftly reminded that at times it is like juggling plates that could collapse at any moment...

Simon.

Writer & director – Kaleidoscope Man

Write a comment

Comments: 7
  • #1

The Hurting (Wednesday, 23 April 2014 00:48)

Great beginning to Phase 5 of the journey in making Kaleidoscope Man! Please keep the diaries coming they are fun and take us along on your journey and builds excitement for movie!!! The architecture in this scene is great and look forward to the cinematography. Well done Simon... looking forward to the next one! Thanks!

• #2

Heidi (Wednesday, 23 April 2014 03:38)

Another fabulous video diary... Simon!!! It is a great start to your upcoming Phase 5 campaign. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us! I can't wait to see Kaleidoscope Man and just love the diaries and behind the scenes videos along with the ones that show how you made the scenes that are so incredible... it's hard to imagine how they are done! I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into sharing this journey with us!!! Your passion is contagious and your honesty and authenticness is so refreshing!

• #3

Dem @wannielea (Wednesday, 23 April 2014 03:44)

Great following the progress of this epic film! So much time, love and dedication by Simon and all those involved! Seeing the work that it takes to get each scene makes me realize how expensive and exhausting it is. This film has the makings of a true sci-fi blockbuster that will be talked about far into the future and the fact that we get to be involved and are allowed behind the scenes makes me feel very honored. This is something that I brag about daily and know when this film hits theaters I will be happy to tell everyone how great the trip has been! Thank you for the ride! I am honored to take this tripbwith you all!

• #4

@DebbieDzurko (Wednesday, 23 April 2014 04:27)

Simon, the more I see of the films progress, the more impressed I get! The video blogs you do on it's progression are interesting and really give insight into the actual making of a feature film. I've enjoyed the ride along so far and look forward to seeing the finished product in the theatre! Keep charging!!!!

• #5

Mary Wexler (Wednesday, 23 April 2014 18:51)

I know I commented on fb, but it occurred to me if comments are spread out over different sites no one place discloses exactly how many people are being impacted by this film. This video is another great one and it is characteristically you Simon. No pretense, no attempt to make this look easy and it takes the viewer behind the camera to a world most viewers never see. There is a huge intellectual edge to all the marketing on this that attracts an audience others are missing. As an administrator of an Indie Film site I see 100’s of campaigns and none of them attracts the attention of KMan. Most engage family & friends for support, but very few cross oceans and continents and successfully engage other cultures. Kaleidoscope Man is not just a pleasure to watch…It is the one to watch!

• #6

Dem @wannielea (Thursday, 24 April 2014 03:39)

I was way to young to understand the real work that went into the "magic" of the original Star Wars. But sitting at the drive in with my parents on opening night is an epic memory that gives me goosebumps to this day!! Kaleidoscope Man again gives me the chance to follow along and be a part of journey. Kaleidoscope Man has epic CGI, story and a nod to the original sheer genius of Star Wars. In this we should count ourselves blessed that we will, again, be teleported back to our childhood and relive the excitement once more! I cannot wait till this film is completed and I can sit with my kids and stare in awe at the silver screen. <3 Hope I made sense! It all comes from the heart!

• #7

John T. Trigonis (Thursday, 24 April 2014 18:12)

Thanks for keeping us all updated on the progress of Kaleidoscope Man, Simon. Gotta say, I love feeling like I'm a part of the team, getting all of these nuggets of insight from you as their happening, very candid, and very personal. Best of luck on the shoot, and I'll be looking forward to the next update!